1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems logging into adminstrator account with Sony Vaio PC and Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ufokidd, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ufokidd

ufokidd Thread Starter

I have recently encountered a problem when trying to log into my user (adminstrator) account for Windows xp. I have been having problems with friends using my computer and screwing things up so I set up a seperate account for them to use. I also afixed a password onto my account for security purposes. After that I downloaded all of microsoft's new "fixes" on Tuesday the 13th, now I have a problem when attempting to log into my user (administrator) account. The computer boots up fine, the log-in screen appears but when I click on my account, the white password text box appears (just the white box only, no border, no enter arrow, nothing) but doesn't allow me to sign in press enter or anything, it just locks up. Here's the real confusing part. I've have tried it at my work with different keyboard, mouse, monitor, power cord and had no problems. I can get into the other account (on the login screen) with no problem, although it is a bit slow. I have checked for virus's, spyware/adaware, disk errors, disk defrag, disk cleanup disconnected the internet, checked plugs etc and have found nothing. Once in awhile I can get into my account but it freezes up almost instantly and does not recognize my keyboard. I have a Sony Vaio PC with cable modem. Does anyone have any ideas or insight. This problem had been persistent for days now with no resolution. It is imperative that I fix this soon

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice