1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems Networking 2 PC's W/ Dell 2350 Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Joshtalgia, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshtalgia

Joshtalgia Thread Starter

I'm running into some problems trying to network my 2 Computers to my Dell 2350 Wireless Router for Internet Connection and File sharing. Both computers are hardwired directly to the Wirelss Router, so there isn't actually any current Wireless connections.

My setup is of the following fashion.

Computer 1 (Dell XPS w/ Windows XP)-----.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [2350 Router]----[DSL Modem]-----
    Computer 2 (Compaq Presario w/ XP )-----`

(Periods to the left of the router for spacing purposes only)

What is working:
    The router does see both computers on the network if I do a Statistics/Diagnostic check.

Computer 1 has no problem connecting to the internet.

What isn't working:
    Computer 2 I can't seem to get connected to the internet.

I can't seem to get file sharing to work. I did enable file sharing in the LAN connections and I did select the items that I actually wanted to share.

I did set up the router so that it is a secure connection. Both LAN connections have the Firewall disabled.

I have been through a plethora of tutorials with this very scenario and have tried doing everything that I have read.

The last thing that I checked was to turn everything off for a bit, then I turned on the modem, the router, then PC 1, then PC 2 to make sure IP's were being assigned - which they were. Nevertheless I still can't seem to get this working.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
    Josh

2. Joshtalgia

Joshtalgia Thread Starter

I'm sharing files at this point - Woohoo. However the sharing of the internet connection is still stumping me - Anyone know any things that I should double-check?

Once again any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/342205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice