1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems on talk talk wifi with laptops on XP and Vista

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Firstplaced, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firstplaced

Firstplaced Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am a new member and I have a weird problem with Talk Talk. Moved into new flat and while we are waiting for our internet to be connected(?) our neighbour has told us we can use his Tallk Talk wifi which is unlimited and gave us the necessary code to connect. My wife's Xperia phone connected immediately and works fine on this connection. Her laptop (on Vista) however connected immediately but keeps coming up as Local Access only and won't open any web pages at all. My netbook (which is on XP) also connected immediately and show full connection at 54Mbps but also will not connect to any websites.
    To further compound my frustration, both laptops will connect using my t MOBILE dongle and they work fine on that 7.2 Mbps connection. Also another neighbour has BT and both laptops will connect to the openzone from that (using my son'e log in as he is with BT) and open websites through that.
    Does anyone have any ideas? I am not really confident enough to start deleting things and down loading new unless I know exactly what to do.

Thanks
    Firstplaced

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1079465

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice