problems pdf printing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

number

Hi,

I have a small LAN and in some PC I have installed both ACROREADER 5 and 7.
The weird thing happening is that when I send a document to print, the outlines, borders are coming out fine, but the text is uncomprehensible, like a bunch of mixed lines, what could be the problem?
thank you

Usually Adobe tell you to uninstall any previous versions before installing
another.

You could try uninstalling both & then install 7.

Hi,

How large is the PDF file,

A few possibilities,

Go back to Acrobat reader 5
Print as an Image file within Adobe Acrobat
Print the document in sections say 10% at a time.

hth

Ceri

number

I don't think that woud work, see, the problem is with any size of files, the frames come out correctly but the text does not...
is it possible that a printer might have a problem? maybe a problem with the firmware?

Hi,

This is a quote from the web site which several large ( up to 15mb ) PDF files I had major problems printing came from

start quote

Problems Printing PDF Files

On some occasions, particularly when printing large documents, pages that you have printed may be incomplete or patchy, or your printer returns an "out of memory" message and does not print the complete document. Setting the Print as image option in the Print dialog box could fix these problems. If you still get a problem when printing a large document, set the Print as image option but print the document in parts instead of all at once. Use the Print Range options in the Print dialog box to do this. Also make sure that your printer properties shows the correct amount of memory installed on the printer.

end quote

The best solution I found to this was to downgrade my work computer back to Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.

It was a very satisfying day when our I.T. department actually and finally agreed that I was right and the computer(s) they had given me could not print large PDF files properly using versioon 6.

Dealing with Health and Safety documents I had made a very strong argument that I needed to be able to print accurate and complete copies of documents I received.

Since back on version 5 I have had absolutely no problems. Even >200 A4 sized page documents print properly. On version 6 paragraphs could be missing anywhere in the document.

My work computer is a p4 2.8 with only 256 RAM running XP Pro SP 2.

Problem solved.

hth

Ceri

number

thanks, but as I have mentioned above, my problem concerns all sizes of pdf documents

number said:
when I send a document to print, the outlines, borders are coming out fine, but the text is uncomprehensible, like a bunch of mixed lines, what could be the problem?
thank you
What resolution are you printing at? I don't know if this will help but I sometimes have problems printing - either getting rubbish like you or with the text printed in huge letters with just a few lines per A4 page. I've always been able to solve this by re-printing the page but at a higher resolution (ie 300 or 600 dpi rather than the default 150dpi...I can do this easily because I've saved print options with each of these settings as well as postscript options as separate 'printer' choices in the print dialogue box). If I do this then the page has always printed out correctly.

I went back to Adobe 5 because 7 caused many problems.

Hi,

I have had problems printing 50k PDF files with Adobe Acrobat reader 6, version 5 printed the two page A4 document without any problems.

Ceri

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts