1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems Problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by IrelandYaaaa, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IrelandYaaaa

IrelandYaaaa Thread Starter

How r yas?
    Im tryin to fix a friends computer, when you power it up the option screen for safe mode and start windows normally and so on comes up, but no matter what i choose it still wont boot!!
    If i choose for example start windows normally it will just freeze, same thing with safe mode.
    Is there anything i can try to save me having to reinstall xp pro?

I reset cmos, but that didnt have any effect.

Thanks for your time

2. nocompknowl

nocompknowl

I would start with the basics and check that everything is plugged un right and that your hard drive especailly is plugged in and the cmos settings say it can reconize it.

3. DMC2

DMC2

Is this WinXP?

How about trying hitting F8 on boot up then selecting 'restore to last known good configuration'? or something like that.

4. IrelandYaaaa

Yes its xp pro, everything is connected ok and memory and stuff like that have been checked!
    Im not sure what the cause is, perhaps a virus or missing windows files, im not sure, but no matter what option you choose the computer will freeze up.
    I might just have to go for a fresh install of windows

5. IrelandYaaaa

sorry i forgot to say thanks for the replies :)

6. GARETH86B

GARETH86B

7. IrelandYaaaa

Thanks for that, i seen mobo mention vid card! The card in the machine is 128mb but on boot up it says its 28mb! not sure if this is a problem or not but could be!

8. Cris_Cr0ss

Cris_Cr0ss

try disconnecting the vid card and see if problem persists.

Also try using the WIN xp Cd to boot and then do a repair, You will need the original win xp cd you used to install xp on that cd. I don't know what to do from their.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice