1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems putting movies on my webpage using Front Page

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Wind_Danzer, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wind_Danzer

Wind_Danzer Thread Starter

I'm making a webpage but Microsoft Front Page won't allow me to post. I need to have it as an .avi, .asf, .ram, or .ra. Currently they are able to be seen in Winamp (which I can't use on my page) but I have no idea how to change it so I can use it.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!! :)

2. inhabitant

inhabitant

Microsoft FrontPage is fiendish, but what do you mean by "post"?

my suggestion at my current level of understanding would be to FTP the movies to your own site, and create the kind of linkage you want with FrontPage on the HTML document where you want the movie to be. make the link go to something else for now, some image or anything. then with your FTP program, edit the HTML document with the link. it should look like...

A HREF="http://whateverlinkyouused..."

the above being surrounded in < angle brackets > of course. change the URL in the quotation marks to the path of the movie. if it's in the same folder as the HTML document it's linked on, you can just name the movie file and it will be properly linked; if it's in a different folder INSIDE the folder of the HTML document, use "foldername/moviename.extension" and if it's in a folder outside or equal to the folder the HTML document is in or you're not sure, just type in the entire URL of the movie maybe like... "http://www.site.com/folderoritem/movie.extension"

3. Wind_Danzer

Wind_Danzer Thread Starter

Post meaning add to the page I was creating using frint page. It just would come up as a big red X.

I understand your post here and I don't know why I just didn't think to do that. :) {shakes head}

Thanks!!

4. inhabitant

inhabitant

:D very glad to be able to help someone, just hope it works out for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114998

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice