1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems reaching BIOS and splash screen on my new computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CAMO1, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CAMO1

CAMO1 Thread Starter

Hi, i just recently bought a new computer which i had built myself, so far i have encountered my first problem within minutes, my computer does not show a splash screen or post screen when first turned on, it only comes up with a message asking about booting to cd/dvd drive, I have tryedto press delete to bring up BIOS but nothing happens. ive tried replugging most coords into the power supply into the hard drive, everything but nothing changes this message. I am really concerned i have a faulty part but trying to believe i dont, so if anyone knows how to fix this or potentially fix this please help.

my regards.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, you need to post your exact parts ie make and model of mb, the exact cpu you installed, the exact ram, etc, etc, etc. Post links to your parts ie newegg links or wherever you bought the parts. We have no idea what we are working on so knowing helps.

Next have you read and followed the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice