1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems recognizing HD?? HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gpjacks, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpjacks

gpjacks Thread Starter

Hi all(y)

I am wondering if anyone can help me? I have a Gateway CX200 Tablet PC and its not recognizing the hard drive upon boot up. I put in the reinstall disk for Windows XP to reformat the computer. Which I have done a dozen or more times with no problems. This time is different.

When I put the reinstall disk in it load all the files and gets to the "would you like to install Windows, Repair, or Exit page". When I press enter it says that there is no hard drive installed on your system, please make sure it is powered on a connected correctly. :confused:

Do you belive the HD has failed? I removed it and reinserted it into the system with the same problems. I cant do a Repair "R" or a clean install "Enter". It's like the HD doesn't exist. I can't get it into a notebook enclosure to partition it because the pins don't match up with it. The pins are different than I have seen in my years of backing up data from friends computers. Is there anyone that can help me? I would really appreciate it!

Its a Gateway CX200 Tablet PC
    60 GB HD
    1 GB Ram

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/640286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice