1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems removing and deleting media

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by kieron121, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kieron121

kieron121 Thread Starter

this problem i have may be linked to another one ill add at the end after i write this 1...
    ok im having trouble deleting a video file on my desktop, its an old episode of lost. i click delete and it says calculating time, and that doesnt change until i stop it, same with trying to move it into another folder same thing. and also somtimes when i put videos on my pc the icon will change to a picture of the 1st scene in the movie... but it jus stays with the same WMP video icon.
    now onto the next problem, its about my xbox, but its im using it as a media extender so maybe some one here can help..

i added my xbox as a media extender to my laptop, so i can play my music and videos throught media center.
    but i use to download old TV shows like 24 and lost. but any way after linking my xbox to my pc i didnt have to go throught media centre, i just had to go through video library and select my pc, And locate the videos i want and they stream fine....

now lately ive started having problems...i find the video and it doesnt load and says network lost... go back to the videos on my pc, it doesnt load, same as music, but i go back to media center and it all loads fine. the music any way,,but it takes reallly long!

so basically my videos wont play, it just keeps saying connecting..and now the same when i go to music library.
    can some one help?
    ive check all my firewalls, and it must be fine if i get the music to play (sometimes) and i did all the connection test and all seems ok..

but why are the videos no longer working???

btw it works fine from a usb it just seems to be a network problem... or not seeing as i can connect to media center and play music, after waiting a long time.

2. cybersloth

cybersloth

as for not being able to delete, maby the xbox is still connected to the file, you should scan your HDD for errors as this could also be the problem.

if you are having trouble with files from the xbox you may need to wait for an xbox expert, sorry.

:)

3. kieron121

kieron121 Thread Starter

i dont think the xbox being connected is preventing me from deleting the file...
    can you suggest another place i might be able to find help if its not really related to this forum?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice