Problems Resetting Second Hand Laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Skidd85

Hi there,

I’ve just purchased a second hand laptop that wasn’t reset at the store. I was given instructions on how to do a reset, but it appeared that the reset got stuck at 30%. I looked up a few different forums and it was suggested that one could disrupt the reset by powering off and trying to reset it again. I did that, and unfortunately now when I try to reset it I get an error message that the pc won’t reset. Does anyone have an idea on how I can get around this at all? It’s a HP Envy, operating on windows 10. Thank you!

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
I would recommend forgetting about a reset and doing a fresh installation from a USB drive. Go here to download the tool, and the page also gives instructions on how to create a bootable drive for installation.

What's the exact model of the HP Envy?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What is the exact model number(M/N) and product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on that second hand HP ENVY?

It will be easier to help you once that laptop is correctly identified and its support site is located.

-------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online