Problems restoring data using Hitachi Portable Hard drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dmrandagk

I have a Hitachi Simple III portable hard drive. I have made a complete backup of Music, Video, Pictures, Documents and Mail. I would like to resstore this information to a different computer. The backup was made on Windows 7 OS, and I wish to restore it to a computer running XP. When I connect the drive to the XP computer, it says "canot find the files" but if I plug it back into the computer where the backup was made, it shows the backup with the correct dates. Somewhere in the procedure it gives the option to restore to same place or a different location, but if it can't find the files, I don't see how to progress. Any ideas?

Thanks.

dmrandagk

Thanks for your reply. Where will I find recuva? We just can't get to the files backed up as the dates we did the backups do not show on the list. Only ones done on the other machine. dmrand agk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts