1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems seeing html attachment (hotmail)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kenh123, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenh123

kenh123 Thread Starter

trying to see the contents of an html attachment in an email received at hotmail account...

on the screen reading the email, I click on the name of the attachment (right next to the paperclip and "Attachment". This takes me to screen that says attachment name and that it as been virus scanned with no virus found. Click on "Download File" (only other option is to "cancel"?). This opens a new IE window with the MSN name and butterfly at the top that says "This new browser window has been opened to display the attachment sent with your message.....". But the attachment contents doesn't display!!!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. shadowboss

shadowboss

Is it possible that the attachment is a blank file, i.e. an html file with no coding?

One thing you could try to at least rule out a problem with the file is this:

1. Save the attachment to your HDD.

2. Open the file with Notepad.

3. Verify that there is html coding there.

4. Open IE or your browser of choice.

5. Click File>Open, and navigate to where your attachment resides on your PC.

6. Click Open. If the HTML is legitimate, i.e. there are no problems with the coding, then the file should display in your browser window.

Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/198902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice