1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems Sending Email with Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bferris, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bferris

bferris Thread Starter

I have recently ran into a few problems with Outlook express 6.0. I can recieve emails but I am not able to send them. This program was working flawlessly up untill a few days ago. I have no idea why or how this happened. I have contacted my ISP and Microsoft with no success. It seems they both blame the other company, hehe. I have 3 different email addresses on there and none of them will send emails. This is also the case on my desktop computer, I can go directly to the websites who host email and I can successfully send and recieve with all the email accounts?!?! What the *$#& is going on?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi bferris

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Are all three e-mail accounts from your ISP?
    If so, have you checked the settings for authenticating with the SMTP server?

Tools > Accounts > (Account Name) > Properties > Servers tab
    Place a check mark in: My Server requires authentication
    Apply, OK to save and close.

If that is already in place, have you installed a new anti-virus or anti-spam program?

3. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Do you hace an AV scanning your emails?

4. bferris

bferris Thread Starter

There is only one account with my ISP the rest are through godaddy.com and my website. I selected what you said to and got this:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'SMTP.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

What would you reccomend for anti-spam and anti-virus? I have ad-aware now on both computers.

Thanks,

Brian

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice