1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems sending file attachments to email

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sandals1, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandals1

sandals1 Thread Starter

This is my long suffering problem: I cannot attach files to any web based e-mail services that I use (my primary one is Juno webmail). Every time I try to attach a file to outgoing mail it either gives me an error (such as document contains no data) or it just times out and I get a page error. I have tried many things including reformatting my PC. I am running Windows XP sp2, using roadrunner for cable modem. I am running Norton as well.
    The following are not the problem: file too large; bad file extension; mailbox full; browser. I have tried Mozilla Firefox, IE all versions, Hotmail, Juno, Yahoo mail, with anti virus software and without, etc.
    It seems like the problem is in Windows, as it searches for a long time for files atha are just in MyDocuments (oh and I have tried to upload from many different folders even desktop). It is as if there is some setting that I do not have right in XP. Also when I upload photos to web based photo site (snapfish) it takes forever and sometimes they time out. Could I have a hardware problem? My PC is a Dell Dimension 2400 that I have had for 2+ years.
    I have searched all over for the answer to this and I really would like to make this work. Please help!!!
    thanx,
    sandals1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice