Problems shutting down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Johnny889

Whenever i want to shutdown my windows xp, i go to start and shutdown and then the screen just remains the same with my desktop in the back, icon, wallpaper and all the good stuff - and if i try to open something, a little dialog box appears saying that windows in shutting down

then after about 5 minutes windows actually starts shutting down and switches screen to the saving settings and the powering off or whatever comes next and then it finally shuts off

Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it??

Have you tried going to "msconfig" under the "start-up" tab and removing any programs from running in the background? Your problem may be a program hanging.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online