Problems starting computer...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dan207

Hello,
Heres my problem, I have an Athlon 750 on an Abit KA7, and when i start my computer, it starts to boot, then shuts off. I have to repeat this until my 7th-9th try, and then it stays on...
Now would this be a problem with my power supply? Or something a lil more serious? Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your time.

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi Dan!

If you suspect a PSU problem, list all the hardware you have, all the drives and all the fans, memory.

The tell us exactly the rating of your PSU, for example, 250W, 340W or whatever.

And when you say it starts to boot, does it do a POST? Do you get a beep, then it fails?

Dan207

actually i do not have the items, i am trying to do this for my father...who is actually very computer ilirate :( but....i am somehat...so what could be the cause if it crashes after the bios does its beep?...what if it shuts off after the ram check and cpu name and speed...or even before that? i am going over to his house tomorrow to help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online