Problems switching on computer - HP Pavilion 6619 (AP)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kracknuts

Hey there,

Decided that I was going to have a PC to muck around with, so I just recently acquired a PC which a mate was going to chuck out - HP Pavilion 6619AP (believe AP means Asia Pacific). Micro ATX Case and a 600Mhz Celeron Processor, and other not so fancy specs compared to what is coming out these days...

When I brought it home, I plugged the Power Cable into the power supply socket, connected monitor, mouse and keyboard up, pressed the power button on the front panel of the computer, only to realise it would not fire up.

I realised also, that my mate (being a not so computer literate person), hadn't touched anything within the PC itself, hardware wise - the warranty seals and power supply configuration sticker was intact on the case itself. So I am assuming that he hasn't touched anything within the computer that may have caused this problem.

I am just wandering what could be the cause of this computer to not function? The obvious problem sounds like a power supply that has just given up, but it could be other factors, yes?

Do you hear anything go on like fans or drives spin up? Any lights on the case or keyboard or is the system just completely dead? Meaning absolutely nothing happens when you push the power switch.

kracknuts

Unfortunately, nothing sparks up to life. Keyboard lights do not light up, Monitor seems to have no signal being fed to it, Fans do not spin, LEDs on the computer do not work.

Im curious too, my computer is doing the same thing....first it would come on when it felt like it, now it wont come on at all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online