1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems using new graphics card

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by NERV, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NERV

NERV Thread Starter

I just got a new GeForceFX 5600 card but I am having problems setting it up. After I put the card in and installed the drivers I reset the computer. Once it got to past the WinXP boot screen my monitor goes black and after a few seconds it turns off. I used the manufactures drivers and NVIDIA drivers but they gave the same result. The only way I can use the computer it to use safe mode or to uninstall the drivers and use the default WinXP display drivers.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Might pay to give some more info.

What monitor are you using?
    Is it capable of displaying at the refresh rate of the card?

I ask this as many LCD screens use a very low (60 Hz) refresh rate (they do not flicker, so do not need a high rate) and will go blank if the rate is too high. Of course then you cannot see anything to be able to set it lowe anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice