problems using TV card in the UK

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cfriemann

I bought an American TV card (USB) for my PC, which can be changed to the UK PAL format. My problem is with the reception (must use an antenna).

They use different TV antenna cables here, so none of the antennas can hook up to the TV card.

So, I'm wondering if I send for an American antenna and cable, will it pick up a signal in the UK?

Thanks for any help!

What kind of cable? No Coaxial cable over there? I am sure there si some sort of adapter. Why do you want a TV card in the UK....BBC1, 2 and 3.....LOL Just kiding.

An American antenna doesn’t work either. I have cable which works fine, but used an old antenna to get audio on it. I had to bare the wires and solder them to a connector that was compatible with the card. Your antennas probably work best for your TV – you just need the connector. I scrounged mine from something but can’t remember what.

Cfriemann
Have you got a local TV/Radio shop in your area?
Where abouts in London are you?
If you have a good local shop (preferably an independant) ie not Dixons/currys etc.
They should be able to find a suitable connector.
Is a two pin socket on the TV card?
Does it cover the same frequencies as UK terrestial TV?

Gosh what a lot of questions I sound like the Spanish Inquesition.

Bring on the comfy chair.

Howard. :) :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online