Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

problems using web cam

691 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BLAZIN GUNZ 
#1 ·
me and my cousin were wanting to use are web cams and talk to each other but we couldnt on msn because i dont have win.xp so he said his wife uses yahoo to talk to people with out xp so we went to our yahoo messenger and went to use our webcams but it says :sorry, you appear to be behind a firewall and are currently unable to use the Yahoo! Webcan service. i've tried alot of things and nothing worked. there is a help screen i went to when i received that message and it said inorder to use webcam behind a fire wall you must set a port a 5100 and the host as webcam.yahoo.com but i wasn't aware i had a fire wall but i did the port thing anyway and still nothing. so i called my cable internet provider and they said that they dont block anything like that but they told me to go to my network in control panel and put in their host name and domain and ip number but that didnt help either, i need some more help.

#2 ·
You may both need to do this....
try turning off (disable it) the firewalls (both) just long enough to establish the connection once you have the connecton with video start up the firewall.

DS

#3 ·
lol, i didnt know i had a fire wall and if i do i need you to tell me where it is and how to shut it off :D , he has xp and he has a place to shut his off and he did but that didnt help it still said i had a fire wall , i hope you can help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.