problems viewing certain (rather popular) webpages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

leedd

Hi,
I currently use Firefox and for some reason, I am having trouble connecting to specific websites that are quite big and I know are online (for example, espn). Why is my browser (or perhaps my current wifi internet network?) selectively choosing certain websites? I don't believe I have a firewall up and if so, why would big websites such as espn be blocked?

Thanks

leedd

oh and one more thing,
i tried the same websites on internet explorer and it does not work either..so i don't believe its a broswer-related firewall issue here

leedd

thanks that seems to clear the air a bit,
yeah espn seems to work through your suggested websites
i have absolutely no clue why my IP address would be blacklisted from espn, that means i will have to peruse websites with hidden http from now on?

in any case, thanks for your help

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
If you feel lucky, you can try contacting the website. Your IP address might be blocked by their server's firewall.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online