1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems Viewing clips and listening to music in Myspace

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by teachme2, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teachme2

teachme2 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have a problem viewing and listening to music clips in myspace. I have uninstalled and reinstalled quicktime and have updated java.

When I view a page in myspace that isn't a music site (like a person's personal myspace page) I can not hear music or view video clips that they have added to their site.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks:)

2. teachme2

teachme2 Thread Starter

I have been going through the internet and venturing out to other sites and it is not just myspace that I am having this problem. It is any site that has clips or music...

All I see where there should be a clip or music is a big blue Q with a question mark in the middle.

3. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

It might help if you post a link to one of the clips that doesn't work for you so people can see what the file type is that won't play for you. A big Q with a questionmark in the middle sounds a bit like they may be quicktime files and you are missing the quicktime plugin needed to view them.

4. teachme2

teachme2 Thread Starter

how and where do I get the quicktime plug in?

5. Rockn

Rockn

Please don't create more than one thread across the forum...one in the proper category is sufficient.

6. teachme2

teachme2 Thread Starter

Again, I am sorry. I am new to this and wasn't sure what forum to post to.

I am not sure what kind of problem this is directly linked to.
    I have looked in internet options and from there everything seems fine. I was curious about active x controls and how this might effect veiwing?

7. teachme2

teachme2 Thread Starter

8. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

Its not an active X issue, I surf with firefox which doesn't support it and I viewed that file fine. However it's a flash file not quicktime, so you may be missing the flash player/plugin.

Here's a link you can check from.

Shockwave and Flash Players

If you don't see the animations indicated then you are missing them. Download links are there to follow if you need them.

9. teachme2

teachme2 Thread Starter

Thanks DarqueMist, I tried what you said, I installed both the Shockwave and Flash players from your link, but the problem is still there. All I see in the Annoying Quicktime "Q", and is says "Press spacebar or Enter to activate and use this control". However when I hit enter or space no video or sound shows. Does anyone have any other ideas?

10. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

Sorry, that was pretty much the extent of suggestions I had to offer there. Hopefully someone that knows a bit more than me (and there are a lot of people on here that do) will come along with somethign else for you to try.

11. teachme2

teachme2 Thread Starter

:confused:
    I thought it might be a problem with ie. I downloaded firefox and the prblem still exists. I am still seeing a big q with a question mark when I load pages that have embedded flash items. Any suggestions? :confused:

12. javiertoft

javiertoft

i have a same problem with you too...can you help me as well!?

13. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Hello try an empty of all temporary files and folders from browsers
    toolsinternet options

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/477947