1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems Viewing Source Code

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by n00b sux0r, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n00b sux0r

n00b sux0r Thread Starter

When I Right Click - View Source/View - Source nothing happens! Even when it previously was working (it was working an hour ago, and now it doesn't...this has been happening a lot lately...sometimes it will not even work the first time; it is very random). Can anybody provide a solution to this problem, and help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Brian

2. putasolution

putasolution

Is this on every site or just some. If it is just some, then they may have disabled view source with a javascript

3. n00b sux0r

It is random. For example, I could view the source on site a one hour ago, but at this present moment I cannot. I can do everything normally, but after I select "View Source" the hourglass cursor appears and then the cursor returns to the normal arrow. But no source code!

-Brian

4. putasolution

putasolution

This may sound strange, but try emptying your temporary Internet Files

5. n00b sux0r

Oh I do that all too often. And I have tryed that too but to no avail...

-Brian

6. n00b sux0r

BTW I do not think it is possible to prohibit the viewing of source with JS, VBS, or whatever.

Anyway, I can still open up source files through notepad (by opening the URL)...so it could not possibly be something that concerns the source code being inaccessible or whatever.

-Brian

7. n00b sux0r

Nobody I ask can figure out what in the world is wrong with my computer!! It's driving me up the wall!! Help!! Anyone!!

-Brian

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice