1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems w/ computer due to USB Drive transfer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by justinkosal316, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justinkosal316

justinkosal316 Thread Starter

I've cleaned out all of my files, apps, and settings from my computer to make my computer much more faster, not only that I've also stored my previous files before I cleaned it out into a USB drive just so I can put it right back into my computer (it was my first time using a USB drive), when the clean-up was done, I went and put the USB drive inside of the computer, but I've incorrectly put the files inside of Files Explorer, and now my computer is much more slower than it is; the windows background screen would turn white like an application that wouldn't respond, and the whole thing would turn black and do the same thing over and over again. I really need help with this issue.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Is the USB drive connected to the computer using USB or SATA?

If USB, which version of USB?

If USB 2.0 or earlier, it is going to be painfully slow compared to being connected direct to a SATA port.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice