Problems w/ keyboard and mouse after factory reset

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DakBai

Dak
Hi, I'm having problems with my Lenovo Ideapad 110S-11IBR (model #: 80WG) running Windows 10 x64 with 2gb RAM. After factory resetting it, I can't use the setup because my touchpad and keyboard won't work (plugging in mouse/keyboard doesn't work either). I think this is due to misconfigured/missing drivers for them, which might have happened during the setup process. I've never had this happen, so I really don't know what to do about it. Thanks in advance, and have a good day.

Download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it to Generate a Windows set up media ( DVD / USB mem stick). Boot with media and attempt install again.

DakBai

Dak
Download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it to Generate a Windows set up media ( DVD / USB mem stick). Boot with media and attempt install again.
I might have to do this... I was hoping to leave that as a last resort though.

If you have data on the drive, copy them to a USB memory stick. You will have to install programs / games again of course.

DakBai

Dak
Ok! Sorry for the late response, but today I am on my other computer (which I pulled out from the closet) and am downloading the Windows 10 image to put onto the USB to then install onto my main. Will reply with the outcome!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online