Problems when opening a new tab in IE7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

polynike

As of this morning im getting the following message when i try to open a new tab in IE&. Im running Vista Ultimate 32 Bit, Athalon 64 Processor 3500 2.21ghz, 2 mb Ram . Any ideas as to whats happening? IE crashes and i cannot have more than one tab open. No problems when i open a link in a new window.

Many thanks
Polynike

Error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918f11
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00044f72
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 5567
Additional Information 2: 99c3e941b59081b88bdb032c2b28b212
Additional Information 3: 5062
Additional Information 4: c6911c5b4b05dfd197b35912d4a50478

Yes, you did post in the wrong forum.
You really should have posted in the "I want an immediate response RIGHT NOW!" forum. By the way, that is a pay-as-you-go forum ;).

Good grief, we are all users, just like you. Some have more experience than others, some have more desire to help others than others. Some just like to read, and learn. Others like to respond with smart Alec responses. :)

I am a combination of most of those types. But I don't know what the problem is with your IE7, yet.

If I were you, I would first reboot, and see if the problem persists. If it does, I would then stop all the other programs to see if there is a conflict. I would even try a Windows System Restore to a date prior to this problem, to see if that helps. If something has been installed since that point, perhaps removal, and a re-install of that program.

Good luck with that, and try a little patience.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online