1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems windows xp home repair

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mancho, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mancho

mancho Thread Starter

Hi,

I am a problem when I try to use recovery console with my windows xp home cd. i do not want to do a clen install becasue I don't want to loose all of my settings. When I first tried to do a repair I chose the option "install windowows," then I chose "r" to do a repair. it went through the install process. And once the installation of windows was over and it restarted the computer the screen that came up was the screen that gives you a choice of going into safe mode and other choices such as start windows normally. None of the choices work and every time the computer restarts the same screen that gives me the choices such as safe mode comes up again. So, I decided to boot back to the windows xp home d again, expect for this time I decided to go into repair right off the bat this time and chose option 1 for c:\windows. Then it asks for the administrator password. (which in my case is clank. after entering a blank password it went to C:\winows

At this point I do not know what the exact commands that I need to enter to complete the repair process. I did type help and a list of commands did come up but, I do very little about this kind of stuff. So if anyone out there knows what specific commands to type to complete the repair process. It would be greatly appreciated.

thank you very much, Matt

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

3. unbidden

unbidden

4. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Still quick with the draw UB! LOL
    (but if it doesn't work he gets to blame you) LOL

5. unbidden

unbidden

You sound more like Judge Roy Bean!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542375

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice