1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with a "Biostar NF61S Micro 754" Mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by S1lv3rblad3, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. S1lv3rblad3

S1lv3rblad3 Thread Starter

Currently, I have a Athlon 64 3000+ socket 754, 2GB PC3200, old Radeo 5250 Video

Everything works swell... I wanted to upgrade my videocard, and PCI-Express seems to be the way to go, since my Radeon is currently AGP.

I got a Biostar NF61S Micro 754 Mobo, and I tore all the bits out of my current MoBo, slammed them all into this Biostar board and started it up... Fans run fine, power runs fine, nothing on the display, no speaker beeps, nothing. So I tore out all the bits again except the processor, 1 stick of 1GB Ram.
    Hooked up a Monitor without Keyboard, Mouse, etc... I used the built in onboard video... nothing on the monitor.

I contacted Biostar, they gave me a new board in the mail 1/2 a week after I mailed it in, and the new board is having the same problem.

As for parts not working properly, all of the items I used I currently have inside of my box that I am typing this Forum post on right at this moment. This way I know that my Memory, Processor work.

I suppose what I'm asking for is... Anyone else had this problem? can anyone think of what I'm doing wrong? I'm 100% sure I plugged everything in properly, hooked up the CPU/Cables/etc. Is there anything else that I could try?

2. S1lv3rblad3

3. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

Hey,

Give us details of your computer specifications so we can help further. Disconnect all non-core components from the computer (leaving PSU, CPU, GPU, RAM, Monitor connected) and see if the system will POST.

Reset the CMOS to clear all old settings and let the BIOS configure the settings.

Nick.

4. S1lv3rblad3

All I had for testing was the Biostar Mobo, 1GB PC3200 RAM, The Monitor Connected directly to the onboard video, and the Hard Drive.

All of the parts work if a Different MoBo is being used.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice