1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with a gaming pc

Discussion in 'Games' started by Immaculate369, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immaculate369

Immaculate369 Thread Starter

My son just bought this gaming pc "AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz Socket AM3+ Octo Core (8 Cores) 2TB HDD 8GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz HD Graphics HDMI Gaming Case ZD5 Windows 8 Preinstalled and Ready to Go Computer PC Desktop". As soon as it was set up, we did the necessary updates for it and then he tried to play the game Dayz but it doesn't play right, it is very slow and unplayable. What could be the problem? Will he need to buy a new graphic card for it? If so would this invalidate the guarantee if we fit it ourselves. It was bought from Amazon but it is obviously not fit for purpose if it cant play a simple game. i am not that great with the technical side of pcs but when you buy a gaming pc, surely it should play games. Anyone got any advice how to solve this issue, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading. :)

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Further to the answers to ypur identical posts at
    http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/204423-problems-with-a-gaming-pc/

http://help.howproblemsolution.com/1224698/problems-with-a-gaming-pc

I would assume the computer you have is this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FX-8320-1600Mhz-Graphics-Preinstalled-Computer/dp/B00PQVJRES

From the description, it has onboard graphics only, Whilst fine for everyday use, this is not going to suffice to any degree for modern games such as dayz.

The good (ish) news is that you should be able to fit a grasphics vard. according to the spec, you have a 600w power supply unit which should support a reasonable card. However I would advise that you check this, as quality is often not the best in such prebuilts,and it would need suitable output on the 12v rails (cheap power supplies will often put a huge potential on the lower voltage rails, 3 or 5v, and use this to bump their spec).

If you are new to this, it would probably be easiest and best to take it to a good computer shop. I assume you are UK, in which I wouldnt touch PC World with a barge pole- their tech support is good only for laughing at. (No offence to anyone that works there, but the number of times I hear them advise badly outnumbers the good by too big a margin).

Ask around if anyone can recommend a shop, or better still knows enough about computers to check your psu and install a card for you- its fairly easy, but really you want to have someone to advise first time out.

as for fit for purpose- the gaming in the title means pretty much nothing. Generally it is used by anyone trying to sell something as a bit better than it is, although I agree that not having a dedicated graphics card si stretching it. However the seller did list the full spec, which I know is no use to a novice but does give them a minor defence. If you are not happy with it, contact the seller, explain that its not what you expected, and ask for a refund. If that doesnt get you anywhere, try the Consumner Contracts Regulation (formerly Distance Selling Laws) which may help. If that still fails, contact Amazon directly, as they like to know what their sellers are doing. I would reiterate though that in terms of fit for purpose, it would be hard to prove its not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice