1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with ABN adapter and Belkin Pre N Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jurate1, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jurate1

jurate1 Thread Starter

Hello all, I am desperate for a solution. I purchased a new Abbra 2 alarm system with an Linkys ABN adapter. I have a Belkin Pre N router which works perfectly until I plug in the adapter. I have 4 wireless laptops that connect to the router.

All the PC's connect and work fine until I plug in the ABN adapter. THe ABN adapter gets it's DHCP address and for about 60 seconds all our connected. THen the wireless computers drop the connection. I have tried to talk to Belkin, Next Alarm and have not been able to find a solution. Any suggestions.. Thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I can't imagine the ABN adapter doing this, it's just another Ethernet device.

Just on a lark, can you take that adapter to a friends network and see if just plugging it in creates the same issue on a different network?

3. jurate1

jurate1 Thread Starter

I really don't have any friends who have a network set up at home as we do. This is a special ABN VOIP adapter made by Linksys to work with the Abbra 2 alarm system. I am wondering whether my router does not work with this type of device? I am unable to find anything out from the user manual or from Belkin tech support last time I called.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm pretty sure that adapter is just the generic Linksys VoIP adapter with firmware for the alarm system. I looked at those with my Concord system, but since dialup capability was free and that thing cost close to $100, I went for the dial-up option. :)

Normally VoIP capability doesn't require any special configuration of your router, and I can't imagine that your Belkin should be unique in this regard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/765766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice