1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with Bluetooth on laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by netrom, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. netrom

netrom Thread Starter

Hi
    Im having problems with the bluetooth on my laptop.

Its picks up other devices then when I try to transfer files it says it could not pair.

I dont know if I have the settings wrong or what.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L550 with Windows 7. It uses the Toshiba Bluetooth assistant.
    I have also made sure my phone (which Im trying to get files to) is visible and bluetooth is turned on with it.

Can anyone please help with this problem?

Thanks heaps

2. Gadget626

Gadget626

Are you transfering files from pc to phone or from phone to pc?

3. netrom

netrom Thread Starter

pc to phone. trying to transfer a ring tone.

4. Gadget626

Gadget626

If havent done this,go to your phone's bluetooth,then my devices,highlite your pc name,then options,and allow everythng...since i dont knw which phone you using,cant tell uxactly,but its usually something like the above....did u try paring your pc and phone before u tried sending the file? And have u tried sending sumthing else exept this file? Which phone you using by the way?

5. netrom

netrom Thread Starter

I have an LG Xenon phone. It wont allow me to highlight the pc name on the phone. The pc finds the phone, the name of the phone comes up on the screen, but as soon as I try to send any file it wont work. Says "service device failed".

6. netrom

netrom Thread Starter

Even the LG PC Suite wont allow me to connect via bluetooth. And its not picking up the USB. It finds the phone name too then says "pairing has failed"

7. Gadget626

Gadget626

Now i dont know what the problem is....try sending the ringtone to another phone,then send from this other phone to your phone...then u can also be sure wether its the phone or the pc thats problematic.

8. netrom

netrom Thread Starter

Ok. I will have to try tomorrow. I dont have another phone here.

Thanks for your help.

9. Gadget626

Gadget626

Ok then,sorry i couldnt come up with a solution.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/947101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice