1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with browsers in network but getting emails

Discussion in 'Networking' started by petecom, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petecom

petecom Thread Starter

Hi

I currently have a server set up with windows 2003 sbs , there is an ewire router and 3 laptops connecting to the network. My problem is that none of the PC's or the server is getting a connetion on any of the browsers ie and firefox. emails are still coming through ok but cannot get browser connetivity. every time a browser is opened it comes up page unavailable you are not connected to the internet. I have checked all the settings and everything seems fine. I even configured the server, pc's and router for open dns but this didn't solve the issue.

If anyone has any help urgently it would be very much appreciated. If you need anymore info please let me know. also the laptops are running windows vista ultimate and are connected to the domain.

Thanks

Pete

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

When you say you configured them for open dns what does that mean? Do you mean just automatically? If your on the server and you have the server pointed to the ISP dns servers does it get a web page? If not have you looked at the DNS services on the server have you checked the event log?

Another thought if you have this serverp ointed to the ISP DNS servers and its not resolving what if you try any of these? 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2, 4.2.2.3, 4.2.2.4, 4.2.2.5, 4.2.2.6

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697503

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice