1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with CD Rom drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StepsInSC, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StepsInSC

StepsInSC Thread Starter

Hey, recently I've been having problems with my CD ROM drive, a kenwood true 72x that has been in my comp since I had it custom built about 1 1/2 years ago. Most noticeably, auto run no longer works, and oftentimes with a few CDs it won't even read it in apps such as My Computer and various CD Rippers. I took off the case and made sure everything was plugged in securely, and I havn't changed the drivers ever since I got the thing. I've visited Kenwood's web site and if you've ever been there you can see that they don't really supply drivers for it, so I havn't downloaded anything. Lookin' for any suggesions. Thanks

p.s. here's my specs

PIII 600
    384 MBs RAM
    30 Gb Seagate HD @ 7200 RPM
    Generic Ethernet Card
    Generic Modem
    Phillips 8x4x32 CDRW

2. mogig

mogig

3. StepsInSC

StepsInSC Thread Starter

Hey thanks for replying, yes I have tried their drivers and they didn't remedy the problem.

4. mogig

mogig

Hi, I guess you have checked in device mgr to see if there are any probs. May want to try to uninstall and do a reinstall to see if that corrects the prob.
    Scott

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60614

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice