1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with changing passwords when not in Domain

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rhadan, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhadan

rhadan Thread Starter

Hi there!

To get right to the point: :D

I work in a company. Our Server is running NT, our computers on W2K and WinXP. To better secure our computers, we have ticked "change passwords every 60 days" on the server.

This works very well for every person working in the company.

We have a few laptop users, though - and there is one problem: They get the "You have to change password" messages after the 60 days, so they change the passwords.

However, as soon as they connect to the server (let's say via VPN) the server gets confused since there are two conflicting passwords - worst case scenario is that the account gets disabled (best case being it ignores the error if you use old password for logon to VPN, but in most cases, we get loads of calls after 60 days).

I know this problem wouldn't occur if the users would first connect to the Domain via VPN and then change their password.

Is there any other way around this?

Thanks!

Rhadanundefined

2. rhadan

rhadan Thread Starter

Can anyone help me on this?

Pretty please!

Rhadan, rj

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/260680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice