1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems With CS:S Crashing Comp

Discussion in 'Games' started by LiLDJ, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiLDJ

LiLDJ Thread Starter

When I start up Counter Strike: Source, It sometimes makes my monitor screen go black other than a light blue box with a white border, which says "No Signal Input Check Video Cable". I did the obvious thing, checked my video cable, nothing :confused: changed, same thing happened. My friend fooled around with it, fixed it :). 2 Months later (now) the same thing happened :(, i checked the video cable, nothing, i asked my friend again, nothing:(. This doesn't always go to a black screen at the main menu, but when playing the game :eek:. Is this due to my video card? Or something else? Should i re-install the drivers? My video card is a Nvidia 9500 GT (got it for christmas in 08) :confused::confused::confused:

When the screen goes black, the sound still is there, although it repeats the sound :confused: my computer does not turn off either.

Thanks for the help

2. Mayor Quimby

Mayor Quimby

my geforce 9600 gt does that.

Solution is to put the game in low setting when it comes to graphics. Fixes my problem. I think the card most be working too hard causing it too overheat.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice