1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with Cyberlink YouCam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Serge2012, May 31, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi,

I've had problems with my webcam "Cyberlink Youcam" for quite a while now and I really don't understand what the hell is going on... I have a HP laptop (Windows 10) with integrated webcam, each time I start Cyberlink I can see my camera light on and my video on but a few seconds later it freezes and I get the message "Youcam found a new webcam (USB video device), do you want to begin using it"? What does that mean? I already have an integrated webcam on my computer, why the hell does it ask me to get one with the USB?... If I click "no" nothing happens and if I click "yes" it keeps asking me the same message. I even tried to remove several times Cyberlink Youcam from my computer and reinstall it afterwards and I still get the same crappy issues.... I know to fix a few things on computers and I'm not familiar at all with webcams problems and how to fix them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Serge

2. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

I also want to add more information. When I open the Camera app I get the message "something went wrong, if you need it here's the error code "0xA00F4271 mediacapturefailedevent (0x80070018)

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

The key word in their message is "found" ( found a new )
    Have a look in device manager, expand all the categories and see if anything looks like a USB camera.

4. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for your message. When I expand "Camera" I see "USB video device" but actually I use an integrated camera on my laptop... I've also noticed that I don't see the folder "imaging device" in device manager, isn't that where my camera information should show up?

Serge

5. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

I've just tried to open my webcam a few minutes ago and now the message popped up "Youcam6_webcam_camera_video.exe has stopped working"

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice