1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with Dacal CD Library software--may be Paradox problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Alex Ethridge, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I don't expect I will find many who have used this system for keeping track of CDs; but, for the first year or so, it was absolutely wonderful. However in the last year, the program has occasionally become corrupt and nothing short of restoring it from scratch and manual hand-re-entry of data would fix the problem. Dacal doesn't respond at all to any inquiries and the company I bought it from, www.CyberGuys.com simply refers me back to Dacal.

I now have about 250 disks in this system and hand re-entry isn't a job I relish.

Has anyone else used this system and if so have you had any of these problems:
    • Suddenly, the program will not run and will give an error, words to the effect that the database is in use.
    • Next error is that I should reinstall the program
    • Reinstalling the program simply clears the database and it appears as though I never ever entered any data--simply empty.
    • Next error "Cannot open file cdtype.txt"
    • Restoring the program folder from backup does no good at all.
    • Access violation at address 00413D6B in midule 'CDLIB.EXE'. Read of address 00000000
    • Access violation at address 004F8791. Read of address 00000008
    • Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000
    • At this point, the program will not close except through Task Manager or restarting the computer
    I have begun to suspect that installing WordPerfect Office 2002 OEM edition (along with Paradox) may have triggered this problem; but, that is only a suspicion at this point.

In the past, removing and reinstalling the program and re-entering all the data has fixed the problem; but, this time removing and reinstalling yields the error "Cannot open file cdtype.txt" and the program will not run.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487577

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice