1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with DirectPlay and Win2k Pro

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kyxon, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyxon

Kyxon Thread Starter

Hello all, I am having connection problems with Directplay in windows 2000 Pro.

Computer:
    I have an AMD 2200+ in an Asus a7v333 mb, 512 Mb RAM, and a Geforce ti4600. I am running win 2k pro as the only OS and have been using Directx 9.0b for a while now. In an effort to fix my problem, I have updated my VIA drivers, my vid card drivers, and my BIOS.

Problem:
    I cannot play any multiplayer games in Mechwarrior4 Mercs. I called MS about it and after a long long time they tell me my directplay isnt working, with which they will not help. When I go to dxdiag under the network tab it says everything is ok, but if I start a test session, start another dxdiag, and try to connect to myself I cannot. I also cannot connect to other people, and others cannot connect to me. My ISP tells me all ports are open. I have deactivated my software firewall. I am not behind a router nor any hardware firewall.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have tried just about everything MS's web site suggests; including using sigverif and removing all unsigned drivers from startup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. Kyxon

Kyxon Thread Starter

Does anyone have any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!