1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with display

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sb14blue, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sb14blue

sb14blue Thread Starter

I just reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows ME. My display setting is set at 16 colors and 640 by 480 pixels. This is causing extremely poor coloring. My desktop color is grey and all of my icons are really big as if I am in "safe mode". I cannot change these settings. I went to Control Panel - Display - Settings. Did I make a mistake during reinstalling ME? I tried reinstalling my device drivers from the Dell Recource CD, but it didn't help.

2. sb14blue

sb14blue Thread Starter

I just realized that my video card is not correct. My video card is a 32mb nvidia geforce2 mx, but my computer is showing a standard pci graphics adapter (VGA). I unzipped the device drive from dell resource cd and I followed the directions to update the driver by going to control panel - display - settings - advanced - adapter - change. The update device driver wizard located the information that I unzipped from the dell resource cd but it still showed the standard pci graphics adapter as the video card. Why? How can I get my computer to read the video card correctly?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice