1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with EA games on new machine

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wangus, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wangus

Wangus Thread Starter

Medal of honor War chest. I recently bought the war chest game pack and I cant get it to install on my Liteon dvd combo drive.I thought it might be because the game was older than my system.I then installed an older cd-r cd-rw drive and it seemed to work.I then tried to install all of the expansion packs-(spearhead-breakthrough)only breakthrough would work(and not very well-jumpy graphics)?? I get a cyclic redundancy error on spearhead??The disc is brand new no scatches?? Also c&c generals seems to install but wont start?????Do I need new dvd drivers?? I am running xp pro and p4 2.8 800 fsb 40 + 80 gig hard drives with 512 ram ????? What can i do????????????please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wangus

2. rogers55

rogers55

Wangus,

The Cyclic Redundancy error indicates that the CD is not being read correctly.

Try the CD on another computer and see if it installs there.

Regards,
    Roger

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!