Problems with email attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

muncie

I have to send .jpg attachments of designs to customers for their approval. When I view the sent attachment, it just shows a small box with a red "x" in it. Sometimes the customer will be able to open the attachment and sometimes they can't. Is there a better way to be sending these .jpg files? Is there a setting that I need to change so they can view the attachments? Maybe I need a program like Adobe Acrobat to send my designs. Could you help me?

etaf

Wayne
should be no problem sending jpgs - do they have a virus scanner on email that may be causing a problem.

how big are the files?
a lot a sites offer a service where you can upload pictures to the web and then invite people to have a look - i know canon offer this service - but may be limited to peoplke who have bought there digital camera.

When posting, always state your OS and version numbers along with names of programs involved in your problem. The correct answers can depend on this vital information.

sekirt

Zipping up the files and attaching the zip should help AV scanner from getting to it.
Plus if your doing images in Photoshop you can compress a .psd to keep the file size down and they will have a better image to look at then a .jpg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts