Problems with email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hhendrix

Just wanted to first of all tell you guys how awsome you are. Every answer I have gotten from you have worked!!!! You guys are making me look sooooo smart. I am not taking the credit, just some. :):)
Once again I have a problem. On a NT machine, I have an employee who is trying to open an email (using outlook), when she double clicks on it she receives the error: Can't open this item. Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that file is not being used. It is an email with an attachment. She has gotten the sender to resend and the same thing happens. I had her try to open another email with an attachment and she received the same error. Any ideas???

well first of all ... I'd want to know what the ext is ? what kind of file is it? Do you have a virus scanner set on this mail service? ( Did you scan it)
If its a safe/clean file perhaps it could be saved it then right click on it & open with a program thats for that particular ext. Not the whole e-mail... just the attachment.

sounds like a security setting

Savvy :)

Hello,

Is the user permitted to open the attatchment via nt admin or user rights/privelidges? Sometimes policies or rules are defaulted (by default, he-he) that would complicated these simple tasks. Check the service pack, amin. addons, and proxies "stuff"; check them first (second after savvy's).

Drew

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online

Members online