1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with floppy drive...need help

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Dan207, Nov 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dan207

Dan207 Thread Starter

Hello.
    What my problem is that windows is recognizing a second floppy drive. B which is a 5 1/4 inch drive.
    But as I turn the computer on from a fresh start, the write button on the 1.44 floppy stays on. I still get the beep from my bios saying everything is fine...All this came after I installed a cdrw drive. Could this be something wrong with windows or my bios??
    I would like to use the floppy drive sometime soon, because I need to reformat.
    Winter clean up...
    Any help greatly appreciated!!

2. SyscoKid

SyscoKid

In my experience, when the floppy light remains on like that, it usually indicates the cable is reversed. As a part of installing the cdrw, did you have to remove the floppy cable at either end? Try reversing it.

3. Dan O

Dan O

Do you have a 5 1/4 inch drive as well as a 3.5 floppy?

When you power on your PC what hardware is listed?

As SyscoKid, going down the same path, have you been inside the PC working on it?

4. Dan207

Dan207 Thread Starter

Yes I have been inside my computer...and no I do not have a 5 1/4 drive...

5. Dan207

Dan207 Thread Starter

Come to thiink of it now...my bios doesnt recognize my floppy drive. Just everything else...

6. SyscoKid

SyscoKid

If your BIOS doesn't recognize it, I still suspect a cabling problem. Did you try reversing the cable to the floppy drive?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice