Problems With GeForce 6600GT...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SomeoneUKno

OK, this one I seriously cant figure out. Ever since I reinstalled Windows XP after installing my Gigabyte mobo and chipset, I've been having problems with running games under DirectX... For some reason, if I run a game, it will run fine for abou 3 minutes or so, and then out of nowhere artifacts will start popping up all over the screen and slow the fps rate waaaay down... I've already checked to see if there are any issues with the motherboard and the card, but have found none (which would be very strange, seeing that it's a nForce3 chipset...) I've also checked to see if it's been overheating, but its been cooler in this case than it was in the other case! I called PNY for help, but, just as my luck was, they had seemed to close before they we're supposed to close, and I can only call before 2 PM if I want to get a hold of a representative, (which is kinda hard, seeing that I have this thing called a life that seems to get in the way of that...). I checked nVidia's site on the problem, and they reported that people have been having the same problem and to download some driver... which didnt help at all. And checking PNY's website for help is a joke upon itself, seeing that there is no way to get a hold of tech support without calling them or sending an RMA in. Can anyone help a gamer in need?

SomeoneUKno

I am running DirectX 9.0c... I checked for updates there also to see if maybe that was the problem, but there we're no updates that I didnt have...

I'm having the exact same problem as you are. Since you installed the card, has your pc also been restarting, freezing, having boot problems, and the picture fading until the computer freezes? Because that happened after I installed my Geforce 6600GT and thinking I had just caught a virus online or something I formatted my hard drive and rebuilt my pc and it's still doing it... sooo... :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online