1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with gmail into bt yahoo

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by TokaS, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TokaS

TokaS Thread Starter

hi,

i am a bt broadband customer and use their homepage which includes the webmail. i have also subscriber to webmail plus to be able to add other pop accounts, which i have doen successfully with my hotmail account. this means that i only have to check my bt yahoo webpage email inbox and i find my hotmail emails there as well. so far so good....
    i have just set up a gmail account and want to be able to do the same with it. i have tried to set up the account on bt yahoo with my username password and the gmail pop server details:pop.gmail.com [which i found through gmail pages].
    having set it up i have tried to downlaod email into my by yahoo web browser but none arrive!!?? when i use the check mail facility on the set up page for my accounts it gives this message...
    "Unfortunately, there was a problem:

pop.gmail.com unexpectedly terminated the connection. Please try again."

i cannot find any other settings to play with..please help, any advice would be helpfull.

thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    When you set up the Gmail account did you go into your settings in Gmail and enable POP Download? I believe that it is disabled by default.

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

Yahoo was having problems the past couple of days. Enough of them that I investigated alternatives. In any case, I was able to get in today. Try it again and see if it works today for you, too.

4. TokaS

TokaS Thread Starter

hi, and thanks for the replies......
    i have enabled both imap and pop in gmail settings but still no joy.

i can see that i can set up email forwarding and that may be an option but i was hoping to be able to access through pop.

any other suggestions??

i am now getting this message...."
    Unfortunately, there was a problem:

pop.gmail.com unexpectedly terminated the connection. Please try again."

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Only other thing I can think of is to make sure that you have the correct port numbers selected and security settings in Yahoo to access the Gmail server.

6. TokaS

TokaS Thread Starter

hi, i have selected the overide port 99n in the yahoo settings for this account but still nothing....i think i will give up and just try to forward all mail using the forward mail setting....thanks for trying

7. wess25

wess25

I had a few mail problems, after a long search, I found this page that has a lot of solutions to different mail problems, quite sure you will find the solution there.

Let me know how if it worked out,
    Good luck,
    Wess.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/760547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice