1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with images on memory card

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by luvmysting, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luvmysting

luvmysting Thread Starter

I'm real frustrated right now =/ We took pics this past Monday with my kids and their grandma at Disneyland and I can't retrieve any of them. I can veiw them on the camera though. I think its the memory card itself, not the camera because even when I take the card out and put it straight into the memory card reader on the pc, its not working. soemtimes it will show some of them but it wont open any of them. I tried using that recovery software, which found alot of the deleted pics on it but not many of the pics that were not deleted. It wouldnt open any of the pics it did find either, which is strange. Help, anyone?

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Have you tried moving them to the pc instead of opening them from the memory card?

3. luvmysting

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have tried that as well. At least once it seems to move them (after a Looong time) but once in a folder on my pc, they wont open. when I ask to veiw thumbnails it doesnt show the pic, but when I ask to detail the list it does and it looks like the files are ok.

4. luvmysting

I'm sorry, let me correct that. When I try copying to my pc from camera it says cant copy picture. When i ask it to open folder to veiw pics, it shoes them (no thumbnails though)

5. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Do you have a connection cable that runs directly from your camera to the pc? Not using the memory card reader?

6. luvmysting

Yes its the usb cable.

7. buck52

buck52 Banned

Operating system you use?
    Camera make and model ?
    Type and size of card?

All will be of great help for anyone to help you...

8. luvmysting

Im running win media center, thw camera is a polaroid i733 and the card says pqi high speed 150 1 gb sd.

9. bonk

bonk Banned

Have you check sometimes the memory card has slider for protection if it does is it in the correct place.

Also I would try it on another PC if you haven't already.

And try the cable as suggested.

10. luvmysting

No the card is not locked although when I veiw the pics on the camera, there is 1 pic that says its locked and there is 1 pic that wont even open and when I try it the camera acts screwy after that and I have to turn it off and back on to get it to do anything. I have tried it on daughters pc with media reader with no change. I have tried the cable as well already.

11. bonk

bonk Banned

How big is the memory stick and is it almost full?

12. luvmysting

Its a 1 gb and before I started deleting pics off it I think it did say 9 hundred and something mb, not positive but I think it did.

13. bonk

bonk Banned

Do you have most of these Pics backup somewhere ??

Things like this happened years ago with film...the light got in and that was that...

I really have no other suggests for you but I'm other people have....if the data is corrupt

Have you tried taking a couple of pictures now and then see if you can download them.

What by the way are the pictures set at like in the camera settings and have you change that recently?

14. luvmysting

NO I just took the pics monday and was trying to move them onto pc last night. It seems to me the pics I take now are doing the same thing. I did change the resolution from 7mb (disney pics) to 5 mb (the test pics i've been taking).

15. bonk

bonk Banned

You have used this card before and successfully downloaded them to your PC before have you?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice