Problems with installation of software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jbal3

Hello,

I seem to be having problems downloading and installing various software and updates. For example, trying to install and download Quicktime 7 and/or iTunes - I keep getting this message: "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy & retry the installation."

Also, I tried to download a Windows Update, but whenever "Initializing Installation" appears, my computer stops resonding. My computer doesn't freeze, but nothing else happens for a long time. After a while, I just close the window.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

Regards.

I am having the same problem. I can't get any anti virus program to load. When i went to bitdefender.com the scan was going to take over 15 hours to complete. Is this common?

slundy said:
I am having the same problem. I can't get any anti virus program to load. When i went to bitdefender.com the scan was going to take over 15 hours to complete. Is this common?
No it shouldn't but just because it starts out sying that, does not mean it will really take that long!

Jbal3

Rich-M:

Sorry for the delay in responding. Just got back into town and tried the two downloads.
1) Ewido - downloaded and running fine.
2) Bitdefender - began to download, but then received the following message:

"c:\Documents and Settings\User\local settings\temporary internet files\content.IE5\D7RJHHGE\bitdefender_free_v8[1].exe"

Did I try to download the wrong thing? Thanks again.

P.S. I was able to download McAfee, but when I tried to scan my computer, I get the "Windows encountered an error & needs to close" prompt.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online