1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with Installation

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ChrisJensen, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisJensen

ChrisJensen Thread Starter

I just bought a new prebuilt pc. Everything worked fine and when I went to restart the pc to update the OS it said there wasn’t one found. Since the company who manufactures the pc is not available on weekends I try to download the OS again. I get to the page where I need to download Windows and when I try to install it says upgrade option not available. I would just like to get my pc up and running.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Chris, and welcome to TSG.

Can you please explain that a bit?

Did you start the update and were instructed by Windows to restart the computer to complete the update?

Is the BIOS reporting that an OS cannot be found or is some kind of update status screen reporting an OS wasn't found?

When you say "I try to download the OS again." do you mean you are trying to download a Windows installer setup from the Microsoft website?

Does the computer come with a hidden factory restore partition? If you have not installed any other software on the computer or created any files you don't want to lose, a factory restore might be the quickest solution, but you would need to use some caution when updating.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice