1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with internet, no devices or network connections listed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rhian, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rhian

rhian Thread Starter

The other day we had to reset our wireless router, before that everything was working fine but now I can't get the internet to work at all, eventhrough the ethernet cable.

I don't know much about computers but i've had some guys who know more have a look at it. In normal mode there are no devices listed in the device list and no connections listed in network connections- both are completely blank. In safe mode however they all seem to be as they should be. In both modes the icon was saying the wireless network card didnt exist eventhough one or both of the lights have been on at some points. I have tried reinstalling the drivers etc for the wireless card but it hasnt changed it.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated, I have lots of work to do and tired everything i can. I have windows xp.

Thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you try using System Restore to go back to a better day when everything worked? The fact that no devices are listed in Device Manager seems to indicate something got corrupted.

3. rhian

rhian Thread Starter

Yeah one of the guys that was helping me did try that but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks for the reply though

4. JohnWill

I think it may be time to post a HijackThis log so we can see if some malware has seized control of the system.

5. rhian

rhian Thread Starter

What is a hijack post?

6. JohnWill

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/419609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice