Solved Problems with Kaspersky Internet Security

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

madgewilfire

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8095 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (168 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X555LAB
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Enabled and Updated

I have just discovered a problem with Kaspersky today when I clicked on 'Run Update' nothing happens. Also, when I click on scan scan doesn't happen either and there is a box which says 'Scan Failed'. How do I rectify this? I have looked on Kaspersky Support but that is way to technical for me. I'm old and not very tech minded. Heeelp!

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
1. Is time and date correct on computer
2. Do you have ANY other third party antivirus installed
3. When it reports scan failed there is normally an error code following that message
4. Is the subscription current
5. If 1 is OK and the answer to 2 is NO and the subscription is current then the best advice is to raise a technical query with Kapersky
running this
https://support.kaspersky.com/3632

signing here
https://my.kaspersky.com/
create a technical support request and submit the logs from above

OR you may if you wish try uninstall and reinstall of the product as it may be a windows update that has caused it.

That all said I would simply use Windows Defender on 10 as for the average user the protection is more than adequate and it is free and 100% compatible, 100% of the time. A great advantage that cannot be said for most if not all third party antiviruses.
They work great at installation and then it is quite common for them to exhibit problems after major system updates and especially new build versions of 10 updates

madgewilfire

Thank you very much Macboatmaster for your advice which I intend to use later today. I must say that I have been wondering if paying for Kaspersky is worthwhile as I have very recently read that Windows Defender is much better now. My Kaspersky was renewed at the beginning of June so the subscription is current. The answer to 1 is Yes and answer to 2 is No.

Last edited by a moderator:

madgewilfire

Thank you Macboatmaster. I have managed to get the Kaspersky back into working order. I went into 'My Kaspersky' downloaded something to do with GDPR and updates and everything is back to normal now.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
Mark it solved please
click mark solved on your opening post

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online